Wednesday 4 February
Amazing is the only way to descibe the fact that there is no snow on the course at Huntingdon, and if the temperatures stay a little higher than expected overnight there is a chance that racing will be on!! Probably more amazing is the fact that if racing does go ahead we will be running on ground that is officially Good To soft, which after the recent wet spell is a minor miracle!! Kikos and Matty are both entered in the same race there - a handicap chase, but Matty looks as though he will struggle to get in off of his mark so we will wait until Sunday and hope they race at Hereford where he is in a weaker heat. On Good to Soft we will declare Kikos. He will be stepping back up to 2 1/2 miles but we will ride him slightly differently, and hopefully he will go well. Having had a ring round of club members as the snow fell on Monday to say that we were entered but very unlikely to run due to the snow - I now have to have a ring round and tell everyone that we are declared - amazing how things can change in a couple of days!!