Monday 27 April
Always a relief to know that your runner is well after their day at the races, and it is good to report that Kikos is fine after his brave efforts on Saturday. It was a good way to finish the 08/09 jumps season, and so nearly the perfect way. I thought Sam gave him a perfect ride, and we all look forward to running him throughout the summer. As he has been in since last July we will obviously use him sparingly over the next few months, and he should be running about once a month, until his ground goes and he has a mid winter break before starting again in March/April 2010. There are a couple of places left in the Club if you would like to own a share in this game and genuine horse, so if you would like to join in the fun then let me know. Alternatively if you know of someone that may be interested, and they buy a share in him then there is a £100 finders fee that Nick Brown Racing will pay to the introducer. So let someone know and earn yourself a few quid - it all helps. Shares are priced at £300 per 25th, plus a further £20/week to cover all costs. E Major is entered in 2 races at Fontwell on Friday, he is in grand form, but one of the races is very warm, and the other is possibly a tad too far for him so a decision on his participation will be made when we have studied the form book and the programme book going forward. I know it is raining today, and is likely to be changeable for the next few days, but it seems as though we will not have enough to school Bobby so he will be roughed off tomorrow, and turned away for the summer. It is always nice to turn them away sound, and I am sure that he will be back in form next winter on his favoured soft ground and over fences.