Thursday 4 February
Always a massive worry when one of the horses takes a trip to the vets and you can't get there. Somehow to hear the news first hand is a lot easier, be it good or bad, but I can safely say that waiting for the phone call from Stuart is just sheer bloody hell!! Just as well that it was good news yesterday, the vets had a really good look at Kikos, and took fresh x-rays that were clear, and he trotted up 100% sound, so he has been given the all clear to resume training. He will walk and trot for a couple of days and then resume cantering at the weekend. Great News!! As usual I had got a sub half lined up, and will be looking to start another club in the next couple of months if I get enough subscribers (all ready have a number, but need more - £20/week is all it costs) and it may be possible to bring this sub off of the bench to run for the new club if needed. With the frost coming out of the ground yesterday morning they were able to school Bobby Gee and Jardin De Vienne over fences, and both were very good. Bobby is still on track for Uttoxeter on Feb 20, and JDV is lined up to go to Leicester on Feb 17. Willow Wren is off to Wincanton today (which has just passed an inspection at 7.45am), but has a big task in the Mares only Novices Hurdle. She was found to be unwell after her last run and should put up a better show than at Ludlow, but it will be tough to beat the Nicky Henderson mare. A handicap career becons after this!