Friday 15 July
Eyes To The Sky
Kikos has been declared at Market Rasen tomorrow, but unfortunately that is just the beginning. Judging by the satellite picture, that a couple of days ago had looked slightly more promising, M Rasen will be the epicentre of tomorrows biblical storm, and is due to get between 20 and 25mm of rain before racing! Kikos has been declared because the ground is currently Good, Good To Firm in places, and if the forecast is wrong he will run, but if it is right he may not make the trip. Being in the last gives us a chance - he does not have to leave the yard until 12 noon, so if the ground has gone soft by then ( quite likely) then he can stay at home.I will of course let everyone know at the earliest possible time if he is not travelling. There is another scenario - what if there are only 4 runners and the other 3 are badly out of form? Do we go? Decisions, decisions! If you are travelling to North Lincolnshire, please give me a call before you set off, just in case!