Thursday 12 July
Back We Go
Back to Newmarket tonight to see if we can get a nice one. Four of us made the short trip over there last night, but our trip was not entirely successful. We had 6 horses to look at, but arrived about 15 minutes too late to see 2 of them out of their box, and 2 were not getting there until late last night/first thing this morning. At least we were able to reduce our wish list to 2 possibles - with one very probable. Fingers crossed all goes well today, when Ed goes back over to vet the two that we have arrived at! Back at home, Kikos worked for the first time after his disappointing Uttoxeter run and he went very well. He worked great, and his recovery was spot on, so it is all systems go for Market Rasen on 21st. if the ground comes up juicy we will have to wait for Uttoxeter again on the 26th.A long trip could be in the offing for Ogee, who could go to Newton Abbott in a week or two. Tannermans op has been put back a week (to week commencing 23rd), but he is back in, and on the walker so we will lose no time due to the postponement.Yesterday I was finally offered a horse that I have been trying to buy for 2 years. He is a stunning grey, who is from a top family, and is very very well handicapped. In fact his owner says he thinks 'we can do a Robo with him', which if you know that story means that we could turn him into something special. A £140,000 3 yr old he has the pedigree and looks to do a good job and we would love to have him, so if you would like a quarter share in a (not expensive) horse, who will run all winter then please give me a call 07909 518902 or email email@example.com and I will give you the details.