Wednesday 12 February
I fully appreciate that the trial of planning races for our horses is nothing in comparison to having ones property under water, but this weather is starting to get right on my nerves. First case - Benefit Cut, after plenty of consideration we decided that Market Rasen on Sunday is where he would head - that was still the case at 9.15 this morning - right up until I called the Clerk at Market Rasen who advised me to take an earlier option if we had one, as she had her concerns for the chase track up there - so now BC is declared in Leicester tomorrow. Case 2 - San Telm, engaged in Haydock on Saturday - heavy already - with rain forecast, next option Doncaster on 19th - the same race that we wanted to run Dawn Commander in!! Not so critical as they are unlikely to run on the same ground! Smart Exit missed his run in Chepstow today when that was called off, and now has 2 entries in Southwell next week, they are already heavy with heavy rain forecast, and that place floods!!! All in all a proper pain in the neck, but as I say, nothing like being forced from your home! The Tobougg filly has a name!! From now on she will be known as Native Princess - well done to Mary - it was her suggestion (bad luck Colin), it was a tight thing with just 1 vote in it! She needs just 2 pieces of work to be ready for a run, and will have a couple of entries next week in Doncaster 19th,(could come a day or two too soon)or Warwick 21st (more likely). Limited shares are still available!. She worked well with Maypole Lass yesterday. We are keeping our eyes open for another jumpers bumper card for Dawn Commander, as he would hate to be running on this very very soft ground!