Friday 25 April
looked at the ground in Chepstow at 7.00 this morning and was alarmed to see that it had gone to GOOD!! Had we made the right move by not declaring Dawn Commander there for tonights meeting, but a quick look at the forecast reassured me! They are due some very heavy rain at lunchtime, so if that arrives he would not have run anyway! In fairness it would have been the worst case scenario, as he would have been on his way, as would many of his owners, before the rain arrived, which would have meant a wasted trip! Happy again now! We look forward to welcoming a couple of new faces to Fences Farm tomorrow, along with a few existing owners, who will be up to see second lot go through their paces! Hopefully the forecast rain will not be too heavy! All horses in great form.