Friday 19 December
Brett the vet in this morning to have a check round. Really in to see Sage Grouse who has been lame for a day or two, and she has suffered a minor injury that will keep her off games for about 6 weeks. A nuisance, but nothing that will halt her career before it has started. Cloonacool was scoped as a precautionary measure - he hasn't been scoped for a number of weeks, and Stuart decided to just check him out, so that, if he was found to have any mucus about him, he could be cleaned up before Christmas. Kempton 27th or Leicester 28th is still the plan with him. The vet also trotted up both San Telm and Dawn Commander. Both are sound, so progressing well, but after putting our heads together it has been decided to give both another week on the walker. As mentioned they are both sound, so both are recovering well - but it would be a shame to put ourselves back a month by going too soon with them, so for the sake of a week we will wait. They will be ridden again after Christmas. Benefit Cut was also blood tested, the results of which we will get this afternoon. He appears to be back in rude health, and if the tests confirm it, then we can make some plans for him.