Thursday 3 March
Change In Forecast
What a difference a couple of days make - Earlier in the week the forecast suggested that the rain we had on Tuesday morning would largely be that until a few wintery showers at the weekend - now tonight looks thoroughly grotty, and Huntingdon have changed their ground to Soft, Good To Soft in Places. This would be fine for Christmas Twenty, but will not suit Bold Conquest. The ground in Doncaster is currently good, but they are due 8mm before racing, and have a day less to dry out - we will see what the going is there tomorrow morning. If Bold Conquest is unable to run at either of the planned meetings this weekend he could have an entry over hurdles in Chepstow on the 12th, or over Fences on the 13th in Warwick. Frustrating, but we can't change the weather, and the goods news is that we are now in Spring, and the ground will be coming for BC - there are plenty of nice races for him to be contesting for the next few months. Sneaking Budge has had his bandage removed, and we will see how the hock reacts. The vet is happy with it. Savingforvegas is recovering really well, and it will not be long before she can be moved to The Elms Stud, and be prepared for her new career as a mum.