Thursday 24 March
Tyringham Wolf In Kempton!
Wolf Of Windlesham had his prep race for Aintree last night, and was the very impressive winner of division 1 of the stayers race on the all weather of Kempton. WOW was plagued with a respiratory infection after his Grade 2 win in Cheltenham in November, and found the ground very much against him when he returned there in late January. Skipping the Festival he had a pipe opener last night before tackling Aintree. He looked to have a great chance off of a rating of just 60 and so it proved. In a race not run to suit he fairly sprinted clear and on by a very comfortable 5 lengths - it could have been so much more. Congratulations to connections!! Cloonacool goes to Ludlow today. On a right handed course that he has won on before, on ground that suits him well, and with Josh in the plate he looks to have a lot in his favour. He seems very well at home, and hopefully he will run very well. Visible Light with have a lesson in jumping this morning - he will continue to have entries next week, to try and take advantage off a rise of just 7lbs in the ratings as he looks to be going up another chunk again next Tuesday! San Telm is bouncing after having a little bit of attention to his joints after his Market Rasen win. He should be out again in 2-3 weeks. Sneaking Budge is fine on his box rest, he will be assessed again mid-late April. If everyone is happy with him then, he will be turned out in the field, and will be bought back fresh and repaired for next season! He remains a horse with untold potential, and we are very much looking forward to seeing him on the track again, but unfortunately these things cannot be rushed - despite the teams best efforts to get him back sooner! Christmas Twenty is also in fine form, and will head to Uttoxeter a week on Saturday. Bold Conquest is A1 after his run at the weekend and will be out again in 3-4 weeks. Smart Exit seems fine after his disappointing effort in Chepstow, and we are weighing up options for his owners - The Ravenstone Partnership. We are working very hard to add to the string with 2-3 more horses, that will be available at varying capital and monthly costs. With the results that we have had for our syndicates over the winter we have a large number of people waiting to get involved as soon as we get the right horses. To add your name to the list please just give me a call on 07909 518902 (or email: email@example.com) to discuss upcoming options. Stuart and his team would be delighted to welcome new faces to Fences Farm and show them the horses and facilities!