Tuesday 7 June
A quick trip over to The Elms Stud yesterday, and good to see the horses there looking so well. Molly Childers and the Flemensfirth filly have settled well together (top pic). Both look in great shape! Stuart ended up coming with me and while we were there we discussed options for Molly. Stuart thinks it best for her to have an extra couple of weeks out, and she will now be coming back to Fences Farm at the beginning of July to begin her pre training. Stuart, having ridden her before she went to The Elms, is very much looking forward to getting her back as he thinks she is a really nice filly. The Flemensfirth 3 yr old (middle pic) will stay at the stud for another few months, returning to Fences Farm when the weather changes in the autumn, to begin her career in training. She too looks fantastic, and has the size, scope and athleticism of a really nice filly - just a couple of shares left in her so call if you would like more details (07909 518902). It was good to see Savingforvegas (bottom pic)who looks to be blooming. Her pregnancy seems to be going fine, and she is doing well. Stuart and I also talked over short term plans for a couple of others. Cloonacool will also have an extra couple of weeks out, and will return to pre training in early July. The Prelude Hurdle that he won last year in Market Rasen, remains an option as his seasonal bow, but we do not want to compromise the rest of his season. Sneaking Budge will have an extra week or two, and return to his stable in Mid July. He could then take in a late season staying turf handicap on the flat before resuming his hurdling career. Bold Conquest will come back in in about a week, and be ready in early September. Pull Together could also come in sooner rather than later, but that isn't set in stone, he could also wait until July 1st, we will scan the programme book for him.