Monday 18 May
I hope you are all staying well and safe in these difficult times. There has been very little to report over the course of the last few weeks - no racing, so all but one of the horses headed off for breaks. Figarella Borget looked so well at the time of the lockdown, that she remained in light work, and will be ready to run when we get underway again. Land League had been in all winter, waiting for a spring campaign, so he headed out for a few weeks, and in fact, returned to his stable today, and will be running in early August. Go Millie Go was the only other one that we had earmarked for a few runs this summer, but that was only due to a niggle that held her up in the winter, and therefore she headed off to the field with all the others, and will return in early July. The only one that was planned to go out, but hasn't is Classic Ben, who has had a little but of work done, and will head out at the end of June for a couple of months. Elsewhere, all the 3 yr old sales horses have been broken in, and will this week, all be out in the field enjoying a short spell of R&R before beginning their sales prep. They have all been accepted into the top sales, and these have now been given dates, although this could change, so their prep will not be easy. A lot will depend on the Irish Governments ruling on gatherings above 500 people. Hopefully they can go ahead in late July and Early August as planned. The trade is sure to be tricky with everything that has gone on, bit we have horses by 4 of the most fashionable sires, in Coastal Path, Saddler Maker, No Risk At All and Crillon - so we are set fair, and looking forward to seeing them sold. I have very few remaining spaces in a new investment syndicate that will kick off this year, so if you are interested then please let me know. It looks as though there will be huge value to be had in the foal and yearling markets this autumn, and if the experts are correct, and the world economy is back at pre covid levels by 2022, it makes huge sense to be buying this year. email@example.com. The restarting of French racing has meant we have a few of the horses we are tracking running over there. The aim is to purchase a 3 yr old, that will run in juvenile hurdles this autumn. We unearthed a gem last year in Yauthym, and will be looking to repeat that again this time. When a few more lockdown restrictions come off, I will be off to see a couple of trainers that we will be adding to the roster. I will also be heading out to see one of Irelands top trainers, with a view to placing a horse in the yard, when I am over there for the sales. I am also considering setting up a syndicate for owners to enjoy the thrill of French racing, where the prizemoney is so much better, and a raceday can be coupled with a few days away! Despite all the hard times we are all experiencing at the moment - there is still plenty of excitement to be had with us, with the sales, and new syndicates, horses and trainers. If you are interested in any of our future ventures then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 07909 518902. Stay Safe - and hope to see you all soon!!