Horse Racing News

Wednesday 13 January

Try Again

Last week San Seb made the trip from Cheltenham to Ffos Las for their 2m handicap hurdle. Having taken another step forward after his massive break - and retirement - when finishing third in Wincanton last month - hopes were high for him. Paddy learned lots about him in Wincanton - especially the fact that he relishes heavy ground - and it can't be too deep for him - so Ffos Las had always been the plan. The race cut up a little bit, and it looked a great chance for him to get back on the winning trail - but sadly, with just a few minutes to go before the start of the first - the meeting was abandoned due to frost in the ground. They gave it every chance, but there were still parts of the track that had not thawed down the back straight, although these were off of the racing line - but enough for the BHA to give it the red light. Today he gets to go again in Leicester - the conditions will suit, but this is a stiffer test - hopefully he will run well, and come home safe. Paddy had some very lofty aspirations for him after Wincanton - today will tell us if they are realistic or not. Yauthym is another from the Fergal O'Brien yard that is in great order, and we have been patient with her - she has been ready to run for a couple of weeks, but we have waited until now for the right race, and she has been entered in Fakenham next week. Volkovka has come out of her race in Taunton in good form. We are considering which path to take with her, and will sit down with Fergal, Paddy and Connor in the next few days and make a decision. Auditoria (below) has settled in really well at Olly Murphys. It was very welcome to receive this video update about her progress a couple of days ago - it is a great help in these difficult times, and keeps all her new owners right up to speed with her progress - they say pictures are worth a thousand words - well moving pictures tell the whole story, and it is fantastic to be able to share this with everyone. As you can see, she is a beautiful mover, and we are looking forward to running her in the next few weeks. She will have a few runs over hurdles this spring, on her favoured soft ground, but unlike a lot of juvenile hurdlers, she is a filly that will benefit enormously from a good summer at grass, and will come back bigger and stronger in the autumn - Olly believes there is an awful lot of improvement to come from her, and there is plenty of fun to be had. We had a busy spell over Christmas with shares in her, but there are still a limited number available - they are just 600 (with a flexible payment option), plus an all inclusive 25/week training/keep fee. Please email me for further details nickbrownracing@gmail.com - or call/text me on 07909 518902. Things have been quiet at Fences Farm. Blue Bikini has been treated for ulcers which were diagnosed last month and explain her poor run last time out. She seems to have got over them quickly, and has done a quicker piece of work this morning that has made Edmunds look towards the programme book. She will have entries between the 23rd and 30th of January. Go Millie Go was also scoped for ulcers, and she too was found to be suffering. She has been treated for them while on a short break due to a slight set back - but has resumed cantering this week. Our Bubba has been on the easy list for the same reason, and is doing lots of flat work to keep him moving without stressing him. His treatment ends this weekend - and then he will be back in the swing of things. Classic Ben has had a short, easier spell, but will have an entry in Ascot on the 23rd. Queenohearts suffered a slight set back after her winning return in Haydock, and last week it looked as though the chance of her running this month had gone, and I was looking at alternatives, but it seems as though she has come through that quicker than the vet expected, and there is a possibility that we could see her sooner than expected! I have a number of people waiting to join an 8/10 person syndicate - to buy a horse to be trained by Fergal O'Brien - the capital cost will be 2,500-3,000 plus 250/month training/keep fee. We just missed out on a lovely candidate last week - but I am confident we will add to the team very soon. Please get in touch and let me know if you would be interested in joining this syndicate - as I say - I have a group waiting to go, so places are very limited in this one. 07909 518902 nickbrownracing@gmail.com

   
   
BACK  

 

twitterfacebook Follow us on
Facebook and Twitter

 

horse racing newsLatest News

Up to date info on all our horses and the current horse racing news.

race horses for saleHorses For Sale

Shares available in race horses with our horse racing sydnicates.

race horses for saleHorse Racing

A day at the races for all race club members.